Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving




I had to post this picture of my family discussing something at Thanksgiving. This is a typical situatuation that we have since there are so many of us it often becomes a test of the fitest lungs, and who can yell loudest. I just sit back and watch, how funny they do look and I love em.


I love my Nieces! They are so beautiful and full of young life. I love to be around them because it seems like just yesterday I was their age.






Me and Ke'Ke'. You know I love you babe!



All the grand kids, can you believe it?



Drew, Mae, John and Skyler. Thanksgiving 2008




THE WHOLE FAMILY.



It is a pretty rare occasion that all of us get to be together in one place at the same time, so we had to get a photo. Cute family!




My house. I am amazed we fit everyone in!



Happy Thanksgiving!! I had a wonderful and somewhat unusual Thanksgiving Day. I woke up and put my 18 pound turkey in the oven, put the Macy's Parade on for Drew and Skyler and got on the treadmill so I could do some damage control. I thought I would just run a couple of miles, but then I felt so good and happy, so I ran six! I felt great!! Then I got ready and realized....ooo nooo, everyone is coming over at 5:00 and it is 3:00 now and the only thing done is 1 apple pie and the turkey. John had to work, so it was all up to me to prepare all the food for 25 people. But I think you will be proud of me, I didn't stress at all. I just started cookin' away, deviled eggs, fruit salad, stuffing, potato's and gravy, home made fresh cranberry sauce.....all that yummy stuff. Oh, and by the way I was trying to conserve on the calorie count, so I hadn't eaten alllll day and was dying of starvation!!! So by the time everyone showed up (6:00)pm we were finally ready to eat. It was fun and delicious if I may say so myself. Then after I ate, I cleaned up after 25 people. Visited for a while and went to sleep for oh......about 1 1/2 hours before John drug me out to shop at 3:45am yes, in the morning at Walmart. It is amazing to me that people do that! The crazier thing is that John really likes it. I think it is like watching a sporting event--someone is going to win, hopefully us kuz we were there really early and had "players" strategically placed over the store. Then also, someone will go down, brutally down. Pushing, yelling, jumping over obstacles, all that. Then at the end if you can get to the front to pay for the stuff you get to stand in line for ONE HOUR! All in all.....well worth it. Only because John loves it and I love to watch him get a kick out of it. It is so him and I love him. We got some pretty good deals too.


Also, for the family who knew we were giving talks in Church last week, you will be relieved to know it went very well. I think actually borderline amazing. I have been going to that same ward for almost 3 years and in that 3 years no one has ever came up to me to talk to me, but they did right after we talked, it was the best feeling to work so hard to prepare something that would matter and I feel like we did it. John is the sweetest ever. I kinda wish someone that knows me could have been there, just because no one could believe the most beautiful things he said about me. I am so glad we did it and we really did strengthen our testimonies.

4 comments:

Samantha said...

I knew it would go great. Great job and i'm glad you had a good thanksgiving too. Busy lady.

Kati said...

What a wild Thanksgiving, those are the best kind!
When you told me you were speaking, the thought crossed my mind to come and hear you and John speak. I then remembered Mark and I both had to teach in our own ward last week. You and John both have amazing testimonies and I am sure that everyone felt your love for life and the Savior through your talks. We love you all and love being a part of your lives!

House of Ham's said...

Mae!
What a woman you are! 25 people that is huge! I am impressed you didnt get stressed out! I have to give the lesson in relife soc/ I hope people like it as much as yours, its kinda freaky to teach other people! Glad your turkey day was wonderful! We will do lunch soon
Love ya
Nicky

Amanda said...

It looks like you guys had tons of fun!! We are totally on board to go to black friday next year. Although we have to be there by 3 am. LoL!! Love you guys!