Sunday, September 28, 2008

John got his Mustang back!




Well...after five years of driving the dreaded mini van, John finally got the car he really wanted. For all who don't know, when John and I first met in 1993 he had a 1966 Mustang which he loved. One day I borrowed the car and it caught on fire and burned to a crisp a block away from the house. I ran back to get him and I will always remember him leaning against the fence in tears as I told him what happened. I have always felt horrible, even though technically it wasn't my fault he let me drive the car with a broken fuel line. When I saw this car, I knew he had to have it. The color is the same, it has that amazing bbrrmmm sound, and even 15 years later..... he still looks cute in it. John is always making sure we have everything we need and never asks for anything for himself so I am so happy this will bring him a little joy and bring back some pretty fun memories for both of us.

We took the car for a drive up the canyon today to see the beautiful fall leaves. I love this time of year!

2 comments:

Kati said...

That is AWESOME! I know what it feels like to finally get the car of your dreams! I bet you guys just love cruisin' around in it! Can't wait to go for a spin!

Love is all you need said...

Sweet car- Your fam is always so cute I miss ya!
Kort