Thursday, July 10, 2008

3 5K's and a 10K

This is the Art City Days 5K. It was raining like crazy!!

Ok, so I have not been that physically fit the past couple of years, so I started walking again in January and got bored very quickly and began to challenge myself by running for a minute or two at a time throughout my workout. Then as I began to be able to run more and more I made a goal to run the Art City Days 5K that was in May. So along with Jessica (a friend from work) we ran the "Live wElle" 5K the middle of May, then the Art City Days 5K, the Orem Fire Fighters 5K, then on the 4th of July we ran the Provo Freedom Festival 10K!!!!! OK, so I made it like 4 miles okay then struggled the last two, but I still finished the race and it felt great to make a goal and not only make it but surpass it! I am still NO athlete, but I am much healthier and happier!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

whoa! You go girl. And it's so fun to see a picture of Jessica too! She looks exactly the same!

Kati said...

Good job Mae! You should be proud of yourself! The pictures of Alaska are amazing, what a great experience for your guys!